Information for exam centres, schools and colleges looking to offer admissions tests
Please find below information on becoming an authorised Cambridge Assessment Admissions Testing centre.
All Test Centres
What does it mean to be an Admissions Testing centre?
If you are approved as a centre, you will:
- register candidates for our tests within the booking window;
- collect registration fees from candidates (please see the Fees section below);
- run our tests at your venue on the scheduled dates and at the scheduled times under secure examination conditions;
- provide experienced and trained invigilators to oversee the secure administration of the tests;
- receive, store and return test materials in a timely and secure fashion.
You do not need to offer any preparation courses for our tests. We will provide you with all the materials and guidance you need to manage bookings and administer the tests. Depending on what sort of centre you are (see below), you can either accept external candidates or only accept your own students.
Approval as a test centre lasts for 3 years after approval is granted, or after you last ran one of our tests, whichever is most recent.
Which tests will I be authorised to run?
This information refers to all of our tests which are booked via centres. Currently, this covers:
- STEP tests in June
- BMAT in October
- University of Oxford admissions tests in October
- University of Cambridge pre-interview assessments in October
- the Test of Mathematics for University Admission in October.
Applying to become a centre
Submit an application
What types of centres are there?
To accommodate the differing needs of institutions, there are two types of Admissions Testing centres, both of which have eligibility to administer our suite of tests:
Your contact details will appear on our Find a centre page and candidates will be able to contact you directly about registering to take a test at your centre.
Your contact details will not appear on our website and you will only administer tests for your own students.
*For existing Cambridge Assessment centres, please be aware that this status only applies for Admissions Testing*
As part of your application you will be asked to provide photographs of your secure storage facilities and inform us of the maximum capacity of your centre. We may also need to conduct a remote inspection of your premises - if this is the case we will inform you by email.
After submitting the form, you will receive an email confirming receipt of your application. We will then contact you as soon as possible to inform you of the outcome of your application.
Please note, the length of time it takes for your application to be processed depends on a range of factors and we cannot specify how long the approval process may take.
If you are approved as a centre you will receive login details and training notes for Entries Extranet, the candidate registration system, as well as access to our centre support site where you can find lots of useful information about running our tests.
Test Fees and Invoicing
- Test of Mathematics for University Admission.
As a centre, it is your responsibility to collect these fees from the candidates. We will then invoice you at the end of the booking window.
We do not pay centres to run these tests. You may charge candidates a reasonable administration fee to cover expenses such as hiring an invigilator and room hire. Please contact us if you require further guidance.
Open Centre Applications - Additional Information
- Your centre must have the ability to handle contact from multiple candidates during the registration period. All entries MUST be made before the entry deadline closes.
- Your centre must be easily contactable e.g. the advertised email/phone number is frequently monitored by staff.
- External candidates should be sent clear information and instructions prior to the test date - e.g. directions to the centre, a reminder to bring a valid form of ID, what to expect on the test day etc.
- If your centre reaches maximum capacity then you must refer any additional candidates who you cannot accommodate back to the Find a Centre website or the Admissions Testing Helpdesk immediately.
Need more information?
Additional information about requirements for centres is available here.