This article contains infomation for STEP candidates about the Results Enquiry process.
If you think that there has been an error in the processing or reporting of your STEP results, you/your centre can submit a Results Enquiry.
A Results Enquiry should be submitted by 17:00 BST on 24 August 2017 if you think that there has been an error in the processing or reporting of your STEP results and therefore the results do not reflect your performance on the day of the test.
You should be aware that your results can go down as well as up following a Results Enquiry, and that this could affect your university application.
How do I submit a Result Enquiry?
Results Enquiries are submitted via the online form below.
- If you sat STEP at your school/college, please ask your Exams Officer to submit the STEP Results Enquiry Form on your behalf, choosing the 'I represent a centre making an enquiry on behalf of a candidate' option
- If you sat STEP at an 'open' centre, you will need to submit the STEP Results Enquiry Form, choosing the 'I am a candidate applying for an enquiry for myself' option
When should Result Enquiries be submitted by?
Results Enquiries had to be submitted by 17:00 BST on Thursday 24 August 2017.
How long does a Result Enquiry take?
We will respond within five working days of receiving the Results Enquiry form.
- If you sat the test at your school/college, you will be notified via your centre of the outcome of the Results Enquiry.
- If you sat the test at an open centre, you will be notified directly of the outcome of the Results Enquiry.
If you have applied to the University of Cambridge or the University of Warwick, we will notify them directly of any change in your results; other institutions will be notified via UCAS.
What are the fees for submitting a Result Enquiry?
The fee for submitting a Results Enquiry is £41.00 per paper. Any fees charged will be refunded if your results are revised.
- If you sat the test at your school/college, your school or college will be invoiced for the fee, following the outcome of the Results Enquiry. Please check with your school or college if this fee will be passed on to you.
- If you sat the test at an open centre, you will need to pay Cambridge Assessment Admissions Testing directly by credit/debit card when you apply for a Results Enquiry.