In response to customer feedback we are making the following improvements to our online test portal (Metrica):
- You’ll find a clearer indication of which option to choose when making entries
- We’ve added automatic linking of candidates for different test components using our new entry codes
- We’re making it easier to create and locate sessions.
- We’re improving navigation between the pages where entries are made.
- We’ve made it so test credits you purchase are automatically allocated to you
We are introducing entry codes, which will be generated for each candidate you enter. This replaces the functionality to generate a batch of logins. Entry codes allow candidates access to a specific test, and once they’ve accessed the test, their login is created.
Key features of entry codes:
- When you create an entry code, it uses one of your test credits
- Please give the candidates an entry code to enter in the relevant box on the Homepage
- When the candidate fills in their details via the Candidate Information Screen, Metrica checks this against existing candidate accounts for your institution and if an exact match is found then the entry code and the candidate account are linked. The candidate details are then pushed through to the session and the details updated
- A new candidate account will be created if there are no matches
- An email is sent to the candidate with their account details
Please note, it is vital that candidates enter the same telephone number and email address each time so that the system can link their accounts and produce a multi-skill Test Report Form.
Capacity will no longer be a mandatory field when creating a session. Instead, you will have the option to select unlimited capacity. This will allow the session to be used without any restrictions on the maximum number of candidates.
We have replaced dropdown menus with action buttons and streamlined the number of options, making it easier for you to carry out required actions.
We have made the process for creating sessions more intuitive and straightforward. We have made the following improvements:
- When creating sessions, you will be asked to choose which test it is for
- You will now only create one session at a time (unless using the import option)
- You will be asked to choose who the session is for (main institution or client) and then to select the relevant venue
- When creating a session, you can choose from one of your existing venues, or create a new one without leaving the page
- The new venue will then be available for you to use for any subsequent session you create.
- You will now be able to specify some advanced options during set-up for greater transparency. Please note, in some cases you will not be able to modify these details:
- Timer – you can choose to switch off the timer, or use the default time for the test
- Hints – you can see whether there are hints available to assist in the test and choose whether to allow them
- Results management – you can either allow candidates to see their results at the end of the test, or control the release of the results.
New functionality has been added to help make sessions easier and more intuitive to use. This includes:
- Sessions will be active as soon as they are created
- New sessions will be highlighted green for 24 hours after creation
- Sessions that have been suspended will be highlighted in yellow
- It is now easier to search for partial matches. If you only know part of a session name, the search will bring up all sessions that match your search.
- There are now fewer tabs along the top (only ‘Active’ and ‘Complete’)
- The dropdown menu has been replaced by action buttons
Clicking on a session name takes you to the Session Entries screen:
Here you can make entries and view further session details.
Add Entries page
Entries can be added by a variety of methods to suit your preferences. This includes adding Entry Codes, importing a CSV file of candidate details, adding a new candidate directly into the system or adding an existing candidate to a session.
Previously, tests had to be allocated to either the Agent or one of the Agent’s Clients before they could be used, we have made the following improvements:
- Newly purchased test credits will now automatically be allocated to you (as the agent)
- Any unallocated tests on the system at the time of the upgrade will automatically be assigned to you. You can reallocate these if necessary.
If you have any queries regarding these changes, please contact the Cambridge English Helpdesk:
Telephone: +44 (0) 1223 553997