This article contains information for Agents administering SBSQ
SBSQ is a computer-based assessment. The questionnaire and reporting is accessed via the Cambridge English Test Portal hosted by Metrica.
No specific software installation is needed but browser settings must allow Adobe Flash and have an up-to-date version of Java installed.
Setting-up student access to the questionnaire
The portal is password protected and some details are required from users to set-up a test administration.
In an Excel template please provide the following:
- Label the spreadsheet: project name Whole Education pilot; school name, project/pilot lead’s name, date
- Student names and school email addresses
- Required a week before the start of the first test date
- Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
The portal is straightforward to use, but it is recommended that users familiarise themselves with it before administering SBSQ.
We will send you:
- Log-ins to view the portal and test computer set-ups
- Instructions for students with URL, password etc., an example instruction sheet is shown below.
Students log in using:
- URL (website address we provide)
- User name (school email address)
- Generic password that we provide (students can change it later)
How to generate group reports
These instructions will enable users to generate reports that display results for whole groups. This will help to identify trends and possible areas for whole cohort training and development. Students are able to download their own personal reports but not group reporting.
Instructions to generate group reports
To generate group reporting, users will require their own account which will be set-up by Cambridge Assessment, the following will happen:
- The user/pilot lead will receive an automated email containing a URL and other log in details from our email address email@example.com
- Click on the URL, which will take you to the portal shown below
- User name is the pilot lead’s email address (the one you provide to us)
- Password can be found in the automated email
- Institution ID will automatically fill (no Activation code is required)
After logging in click on Reports:
Click on the report you require:
Competency Report: shows scores for each student and total number of “flags” (low scores), if they have any.
Flag Report: displays the number and percentage of students in each score band category for each Student Style.
SBSQ competency report (scores per student)
- Select the session from the drop down box on the left - SBSQ Study in this example - and the flag level desired from the drop down on the right - Band 1 only in this example
- Flags can be set at score band 1 only or scores 1 and 2 combined
- After selecting the flag level, click “View Report” on the far right
Click on the disc icon and select a format to download the report:
SBSQ flag report
Select the session from the drop down box - SBSQ Study in this example - and click on View Report.
The table above shows the results for a group of 165 students for each Student Style by score band and one beneath it, percentage of students in each score band. In this case study, 72% of students have a score which falls into bands 1 or 2 on “Coping with demands”. This group might benefit from interventions that build stress tolerance and resilience.
Individual student enquiries should be directed to the school. Schools can contact our Helpdesk by submitting a request here (the preferred route for most routine queries); and 01223 553366 (ideally only used for high priority issues).
Still have questions? Get in touch - we will be happy to help!